MUSINGS.....




What's on my mind?

Musings......;
Morning Musings over a bowl of Eba as i like to refer to prepared cassava flour, lol,  you see this is my very very difficult attempt at describing to a Non-Nigerian this particular meal and it's importance in the circle of Nigerian meals....

You see, my dear friend this Eba I speak of is not the subject 2015 by y discuss this morning, I only need to explain to you that for most Nigerian's, Eba or any other related swallow and an appetizing or even less-than-appetizing bowl of soup, is considered "chief of meals" as far as a typical Nigerian menu is considered.

Now you're wondering why I seem to be making a bowl of Garri or Eba occupy space on the National headlines? 

Here is what my gist is, most commonly people muse in the mornings over cups of coffee, which I'll like to consider as a borrowed culture.

You see this is Africa, Nigeria precisely, and in Nigeria not a lot of us are in the "cup of coffee" business, we would rather sit over a good bowl of solid food!

Call me archaic but hey my friends, I wasn't there when the first meal menu ever, was designed. I just met and adopted this Nigerian concept and I'll like to think it works for those of us who are not struggling with identity crisis.

So back to my musings......

I'm wondering why the Hell a grown lady with two hands and a functional Brain will on meeting a potential date, dump all her generational problems on a guy.

Typically a man should bail when confronted with such situations and you label him "insincere, Unserious plus tight fisted, coating it off with your rants of "Na dem"!

(Only Nigerian's will get this part)

Who says that a man should be considered a meal ticket???

Sweetie, I'm not saying you shouldn't accept gifts or favors but at least save all of us in the fraternity of womanhood, some embrassment by waiting for the man to make offers and even when he does, know which gifts to accept.

What ever happened to the days when girls intentionally tried to attain the status of being referred to as Ladies???

I'll like to think of a "Lady" as a Specie of the feminine creation. Other Species include girls, females (Under the auspices of English language, please don't ask me the basis of my hypothesis) and any other category that may soothe you. 

Ladies most certainly can keep male acquaintances as with any other category of females, but of course on a foundation of Dignity; that sometimes may be misjudged as pride.

A Lady will not on the first assessment of a guy, label him a Gold Mine much less kill herself with food on a first date just because it won't be her credit card that will be swiped harshly over the POS.

Some redefine greed by even going away with takeaway packs for not just girlfriends waiting for the juicy detail of how much the dude weighed on the scale of "spendability" but also take some on reserve for next days Lunch.

The minute a young man walks up to you, your house rent expires and your family food stuff evaporate.

Your phone goes bad and to top it off, tomorrow is your blasted Birthday and a "get together" doesn't sound like a bad idea.

If your moral ethics aren't dead cold yet and your Ogbanje hasn't gotten the better of you , how will a guy say "HI" and you already have a picture of a new hairstyle?

What ever happened to decency, whatever happened to the most powerful word in the Vocab of a Lady,  "No thank you" ??

So there's this new eatery in town and you have convinced yourself you are Nigeria's minister of tourism and you have to check it out but it's got to be on the shoulders of a man. Can't you see you're  already displaying suicidal warning signs???

You're simply showing your dependence on others for happiness.

When was the last time you spent a properly earned 1000 Nigerian Naira on your self just for the beauty of it??

If 70% of your property were compulsorily donated by men then my dear you should be evicted from this Noble Fraternity of Womanhood

Let a man spend some times but don't make him obligated to do so especially when you're neither married nor share a serious bond with the man.

Certain favours should be met with a Firm but respectful decline. For the few times that you ask or receive favors, let the man present your solution garnished with respect for your person.
For me this is a more colorful portrait of how a woman should be related with.

I'm actually saying NO to this New Age craze of Materialism and you should stand with me for the sake of our next generation Girl-Child.

Whist we chant our "SAY NO TO SUICIDE, let's not be the reason a life is suffocated!
Let's all say NO TO GREED and YES to SELF RESPECT, CONTENTMENT and VIRTUE.

My Name is Chioma Agwu Mba and I speak my own mind!

Love,
Fragile Giant!

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Really a delicate subject matter about the girl child. I join my voice with yours deary..👌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every lady should really read this piece....It's so educating and real. Our decency should evolve again .I speak my own mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful piece...!
    DEEP WORDS, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmn, hope you will not meet war with your female counterparts, its quite an interesting piece of work, if every babe has these kind of mindset, most men would have been grandfathers by now sha,.....lol. Your brain will work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, someone just has to brave the odds and speak the truth....
      Thank you so much for your review!

      Delete
  5. Oh my God.. Infact i'm in love with u. Permit me to share this piece with my friends.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiles, Please by all means go ahead. Lots of love to you!

      Delete
  6. Connect an amplifier to the speaker and increase the volume........loud it sister. Loud it.
    Very witty with healthy doses of the sheer 9ja slangs. I hope to write like you when I grow up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiles, thank you so much! God bless you...
      Hold your ears I'm about to raise the roof! Lol

      Delete
  7. Our values and morals need to be upheld.. Really beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ...
      Your review means a lot

      Delete
  8. I can't believe this came from a woman. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete