AFRICAN KIDS AND TECH


Having a background in Tech and working with kids in my part of Africa this Summer on the subject of TECH, opened my eyes more to the amazing benefits of getting more children intrested in thinking Technology.

Need I mention that Nation's like China went from obscurity to Limelight because of their practice of Tech.

I dare say, that in the continent of Africa where a lot of countries are tagged "underdeveloped", the way out of this rut is Tech.

Think about it
, how many countries in Africa are rich in Oil, which is considered a major for countries with robust economies or even other mineral resources?
Your guess is as good as mine!

Now in the absence of priced Mineral Resources, we should be asking, WHAT NEXT?
And for me, without batting an eye lid, THE ANSWER IS TECH!

More Directly, getting kids involved in Tech is the certified cost effective way to building the bridge between underdevelopment and a Robust Economy!

Kids naturally have all the curiosity and enthusiasm that propels making new discoveries, fearless experiments, proving already propounded theories with all the ease in the world.


Kids seems to have a symphony with nature, mother nature in turn responds by letting them in on "new creations", for little or no cost.

Hey mama, you need to disengage your Karate pose, I'm not the enemy here! I'm rather the Angel of glad tidings.  Just before you knock me out, let me say that I am well aware of the worries parents and guardians share.

As a matter of fact, Top 5 on the list of growing concerns parents share as it has to do with allowing their kids to get involved  with Technology will include;

•Tech makes kids grow up too fast..

• Tech makes  it hard for parents to keep up with what their kids are doing.

• Tech Distracts kids  from family time.

•Tech  Inhibits outside play and engagement with the natural world, a typical Nigerian born before or around the 90's should understand this

• Tech makes  it challenging for kids to distinguish between the real world and the virtual one.

As much as I completely share these concerns, I'll love to say that the good of Tech, far outweighs it's bad.
love it or hate it, smart devices are in your children’s lives and they’re here to stay.

In my opinion we should shift our concern from what the downsides are to how this young ones' can be guided in making positive use of their romance with Tech.

We should be asking questions like how do we set up controls that ensure they stay in line, rather than how do we stop our kids from using smart devices?

In case you still aren't convinced why you should let you're kids get involved in Tech, that is quite understandable. As a matter of fact, that's the chief reason for writing this article.We just got started!

Just stick with me and I can guarantee that when I'm done showing you the BENEFITS; socially, Mentally and otherwise, your kids will be surfing the world of Tech long before they loose their first Milk Teeth.

The party just began, stay glued as I bring you a follow-up article on the WHY KIDS SHOULD LOVE TECH!

It's so good to have you all back and as always it's with,

Lots of love,
Your Fragile Giant

You Might Also Like

2 comments